This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
Graduation season has arrived, and that can only mean one thing. Let the making of Class of 2022 everything begin!
Using this FREE Class Of 2022 SVG File, you can not only make shirts, but a ton of other gifts as well. Anything thing that your graduate has or may want can stand to have this design put on it.
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE CLASS OF 2022 GRADUATION SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
The awesome thing about this design, is that even though it comes in two colors, you can weld it and make it a single color design that you can quickly cut out on either vinyl or iron-on to decorate just about any blank you can find.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS CLASS OF 2022 GRADUATION SHIRT
1. You will need a blank shirt. You can use a white one if you’d like it to look exactly as above, or you can choose a colored shirt of your choice. Think about the school’s colors.
2. Two different colored sheets of iron-on vinyl, which is also known as HTV or heat transfer vinyl. If you’d like to weld this to be a single color design, you’ll just need one sheet of iron-on for this project.
3. A heat source to press this design. A heat press, the Cricut Easy Press, or just your household iron will do.
4. Your Cricut cutting machine with Design Space readily available.
5. This FREE Class Of 2022 Svg File which you can download at the bottom of this post.
LET’S MAKE A DIY GRADUATION SHIRT WITH CRICUT
Before we get started with cutting this design out and making the shirt, you will need to find out what size your design should be.
To do this you can use a measuring tape, or your even just your Cricut cutting mat to figure this out.
We need the height and width measurements for the design.
Let’s get started!
Go ahead and upload the FREE Class Of 2022 Svg File to Design Space.
Then you will need to group the elements and size them according to the measurements you’d like it to be when all is said and done.
IF you want to cut this as a single line design, at this point you will want to select the entire design and click the “Weld” button to make this cut all at once, in one single color.
Let’s cut it now.
Since you’re working with iron-on material you will need to make sure to hit the “mirror it” button which is available to you after you hit “Make It” in Design Space.
Now we can select our iron-on material from the list and send it to cut.
Once it’s finished, you can weed it out by pulling off all the negative material from the iron on sheet and disposing of it.
And now we can press it and finish up our shirt!
Using your heat source, you’ll want to give the shirt a good press to remove any wrinkles and moisture that may be on it.
Then, if you have a multi color layered design as my photo above, you’ll want to start by first pressing the “class of 2022” element first, and then the hat, followed by the “of” part.
Make sure to always press with the “carrier sheet” face up. If you mirrored your design, you’ll be able to see it the right way it’s suppose to be.
IF you decided to cut this out all in one color, you can press it all at once.
And now you’ve completed Class of 2022 shirt with your Cricut machine!
TIPS FOR MAKING T-SHIRTS WITH CRICUT
1. To find the center fold the design in half lengthwise and then line it up with the center of the shirt. If your shirt has multiple elements / colors, you can put them all together as they should be, and then crease the design down the middle, just to get a vision of how they should be aligned.
2. Place one element down at a time if the design has multiple color layers. Seriously, be patient when working with multi-color designs and iron on. Place one layer down at a time and then do the next. If you try to hurry this part up, you might end up pressing part of the carrier sheet to your shirt and that would ruin it.
3. Once you’ve pressed the design in its entirety, turn the shirt inside out and press it one more time. This is a tip that not everyone knows about, but once you have done all your pressing, you want to flip the shirt inside out and give it a finally press from the inside to seal the design for a long lasting stick.
I HAVE MORE GRADUATION FREEBIES FOR YOU!
You can use this design for personal and commercial use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it to a print on demand (POD) website, or send it for mass production.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.
DOWNLOAD THE CLASS OF 2022 GRADUATION SVG CUT FILE HERE