This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
If there were ever perfect matching shirts for son and dads, these are it! This FREE Mr Fix It Mr Broke It SVG Files are just what you need to make matching son and dad shirts this Father’s Day.
The cool part is that these designs can not only be worn during Father’s Day, but since the quotes are true every other day of the year, they can truly be worn at any time.
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE MR FIX IT MR BROKE IT SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
Since these designs are also single color designs, this is a set of shirts that you can cut and make in no time at all.
I’m going to tell you all about how I make shirts like this and share some of my best iron-on vinyl tips along the way. Let’s get started!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS MR FIX IT MR BROKE IT MATCHING SHIRTS SET
1. 2 Blank Shirts. I love to buy Bella + Canvas brand shirts online from Jiffy Shirts, but in a pinch you can order some blanks on Amazon, or even find some at your local Walmart. I suggest using color shirts since they don’t stain easy, and the white iron-on will really stick out.
2. White Iron-On Vinyl. You can really use any color of iron-on vinyl, but I like going with white because it really shows when using a colored shirt. Feel free to use any color you’d like though. If you’re using 12×12 sheets of iron on, I would say that you’ll need about 2 for this project.
3. A Heat Press, Easy Press, or Household Iron. Since you’re going to need to press the vinyl onto the shirts, you’ll need a good heat source. If you don’t have a heat press or Cricut Easy Press, don’t worry; a household iron will work just fine as well.
4. Your Cricut cutting machine with Design Space readily available.
5. This FREE Mr Fix It Mr Broke It Svg Files which you can download at the bottom of this post.
LET’S MAKE A SET OF FATHER’S DAY MATCHING SHIRTS WITH CRICUT
Before we begin cutting the designs, you’ll want to make sure to measure just how wide and tall you’ll need the designs to be.
Since you’ll be using two different sizes of shirts, you’ll want to change the sizes for each design before cutting them.
To measure I like to use a measuring tape or even just hovering a Cricut mat over the t-shirts will work. Just count how many “squares” from your mat you’ll need to size your design to be.
Let’s get started!
Go ahead and upload the FREE Mr Fix It Mr Broke It Svg File to Design Space and size the designs according to the measurement you’ve taken.
Let’s cut the designs now.
Since you’re working with iron-on vinyl, you will need to mirror the designs prior to cutting them. You can do this after you’ve hit make it, and before you get to the materials section.
Now you’ll need to weed the designs, and iron them onto the shirts according to the directions of the vinyl you’re using.
TIPS FOR WORKING WITH IRON-ON ON SHIRTS
1. To find the center of the shirts first fold the shirt lengthwise, and give it a press with your iron or other heat source to crease it. That will give you the center part of the shirt to align with the design.
2. If you’re having a hard time figuring out where how to center the design on the t-shirts, fold the designs in half lengthwise and then line them up with the center of the shirt. This works better if you don’t have multiple elements. I will mostly do this with single color designs that I’ve cut out all at once.
3. To make sure that the iron-on vinyl stays on your shirts for a long time, make sure to flip the shirts inside out after you’ve finished pressing them and give it another press from behind. This will really secure the designs to the shirts.
I HAVE MORE FATHER’S DAY FREEBIES FOR YOU!
Download even more FREE Father’s Day SVG Files Here.
You can use this design for personal and commercial use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it to a print on demand (POD) website, or send it for mass production.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE MR FIX IT MR BROKE IT SVG CUT FILE HERE
Mr Fix It Mr Broke It Cut File – SVG, EPS, DXF, PNG files included.