This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
For all the Christmas alcohol lovers out there, I am sharing this FREE Let’s Get Grinch Faced SVG file to help you make yourself or someone you love an adorable Christmas gift using your Cricut!
If you love the Grinch and are ready for a super easy, scrap vinyl and budget friendly craft, then this is just what you’ve been looking for.
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE LET’S GET GRINCH FACED SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
This FREE Grinch SVG file would look great on a few different blanks, but today I’m going to show you how to make a Grinch wine tumbler.
Let’s get started!
What Do I Need To Make Let’s Get Grinch Faced Wine Cup?
Here are all the things I used to make my Grinch wine cup.
- A Blank Stemless Wine Tumbler or Cup. I used a wine tumbler cup from Amazon. (I also LOVE the stemless wine glasses from the Dollar Tree.)
- 4 Permanent Vinyl Colors (Black, Red, White, and Green … Since you won’t need much of any of the colors, feel free to use scraps from your stash!)
- Transfer Tape (This is my favorite go-to transfer tape.)
- Alcohol Wipes (You can use a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol if you don’t have wipes. I bought this huge box of Alcohol Wipes on Amazon for all my vinyl projects.)
- Your Cricut Cutting Machine With Design Space Readily Available
- This FREE Lets Get Grinch Faced SVG File (Download at the bottom of this post.)
Before you begin cutting your design, you’ll want to make sure to measure just how wide and tall you’ll want your design to be.
To measure I like to use a measuring tape to figure out how many inches tall and wide my design should be. Make sure to leave some room at the top and bottom of the cup for it to look best.
Let’s Make A Grinch Wine Cup!
STEP 1: Wipe Your Cup With Alcohol To Prepare It For Vinyl. This step is SO important, so please don’t skip it.
In order to remove any debris that might be on the surface of the cup or oils from handling the cup, you need to rub the entire surface of the cup with alcohol and let it dry.
I always do this first, because it will dry as I’m cutting and weeding my design.
STEP 2: Upload the FREE Let’s Get Grinch Faced SVG File to Design Space and size it according to the measurement you want your design to be.
Remember to make sure the little lock icon is closed when you go to size your design to make sure it doesn’t get distorted and retains the correct size proportions.
The size I used was 3.25 inches tall.
You will also want to separate your design out by colors, but leave them aligned and then weld them together as I did in the photo above.
This will help you out SO much when it comes to alignment and applying the vinyl to the cups.
STEP 3: Cut, Weed & Apply Transfer Tape To Your Design.
Since you’re working with vinyl, you do not need to worry about mirroring your design. Just let it cut as is. Once you’ve cut the design, weed it.
This means that you will need to remove all of the excess vinyl from your vinyl sheet, leaving just the design itself on the paper.
Since you’ll be cutting this design in multiple colors, you’ll need to do this for each of the elements.
After you’ve weeded the design elements, cut a piece of transfer tape as big as your entire design and apply it to it, one element at a time.
I started with the black layer first.
Take your time with this part, and keep the design in view to try to mimic the same alignment and placement for your own.
I suggest using a scraper tool to secure the vinyl to the transfer tape without leaving any air bubbles.
Weeding Tip: Go slow when weeding the letters. I find it best to have a pair of tweezers that can help me in case any of the letters pull up with the vinyl. The tweezers will help you press them down and on to the cup.
STEP 4: Align & Apply Design.
As you prepare yourself to apply this design, I would start with the tallest and most “back” layer first. In this case we’re talking about the black piece of the hat and the Grinch smile.
Once this piece is placed, I would then go for the red hat piece, as well as the text.
Followed by the green Grinch name. I find it most helpful to have the design available to look at, so as to help me with placement.
And that’s it, you did it! You made it!
Project Idea: Grinch Wine Glass From The Dollar Tree
I picked up a stemless wine glass from the Dollar Tree this week and I made this adorable Let’s Get Grinch Faced cup to give my sister in law this Christmas. I think she will love it.
Since these glasses are only a $1, this would be a really good way to create gifts for many people on a budget!
Grinch Wine Cup Gift Idea
When I think about cups or glasses like these Grinch ones, I always imagine gifting them to someone with their favorite bottle of alcohol, or perhaps even an alcohol sampler, or even with a wine tasting gift certificate.
One of the best parts of making things with our Cricut is that people absolutely love to receive things that are personalized and can’t just be bought at the store.
What Else Can I Put This FREE Grinch SVG On?
Because this Grinch saying is so related to alcohol drinkers, I would suggest putting it on all things that are bar related.
The BEST BLANK Types That Come To Mind Are:
– Bar Signs
– Wine Glasses
– Stemless Wine Glasses
– Wine Tumblers
– Bar Aprons
– Mixed Drink Shakers
– Wine Bags
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE GRINCH CHRISTMAS WINE BAG SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
Tips For Applying Vinyl To Cups
1. Apply This Design By Individual Colors. – One of the things that really helped me with alignment and transferring this design onto my curved glasses and cups was to do it one color or element at a time, instead of layering it all on transfer paper and then passing it over. Because the cups are not evenly curved at the top and bottom this was the best way to maintain alignment for me.
2. Trim Slits Around The Transfer Tape To Make It More Flexible. – If you do decide to layer and transfer the entire design all at once onto your cup or wine tumblers, my best tip for doing this is to cut slits all around the transfer tape, and also to trim the transfer tape as close as possible to the design itself.
3. Let Your Vinyl “Cure” For 24-48 Hours Before You Use or Wash It. – This is a really important step if you want your vinyl to stay on the cups or tumblers for a long time. Permanent Vinyl is really good and long lasting, but you need to let it cure, also known as just letting it sit without use, for at least 24 hours.
You can use this design for personal use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it to a print on demand (POD) website, or send it for mass production.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.
WANT MORE FREE CHRISTMAS SVG FILES?
You can find all of the FREE Christmas SVG Files Here.