This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year then you know all about the struggle it takes to get it all made and served, right?
This FREE Hosting And Wine-ing Thanksgiving SVG file will help you make yourself or your dinner host an adorable hostess wine cup or glass.
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE HOSTING AND WINE-ING THANKSGIVING WINE GLASS SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
Not only is this an amazing hostess gift that can be accompanied by a bottle of wine, but it’s something that can be pulled out of the cupboard year after year when the stressful time to prepare Thanksgiving dinner comes along.
To make this wine glass doesn’t take very much effort or materials; all you need is a few minutes and you can put this together.
Materials You Need To Make This Thanksgiving Wine Cup
Here are all the things I used to make this Thanksgiving hostess wine glass.
– A Blank Stemless Wine Glass (I get mine at the Dollar Tree, but you can order these on Amazon, or even pick them up at your local Walmart.)
– 3 Permanent Vinyl Colors (Orange, Brown, and Gold … Since you won’t need much of any of the colors, feel free to use scraps from your stash!)
– Clear Transfer Tape (This is my favorite go-to transfer tape.)
– Alcohol Wipes (You can use a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol if you don’t have wipes. I bought this huge box of Alcohol Wipes on Amazon for all my vinyl projects.)
– Your Cricut Cutting Machine With Design Space Readily Available
– This FREE Hosting And Wine-ing Thanksgiving SVG File (Download at the bottom of this post.)
Let’s Make A Thanksgiving Wine Glass!
Before you begin cutting your design, you’ll want to make sure to measure just how wide and tall you’ll want your design to be.
To measure I like to use a measuring tape to figure out how many inches tall and wide my design should be. Make sure to leave some room at the top and bottom of the cup for it to look best.
STEP 1: Wipe Your Cup With Alcohol To Prepare It For Vinyl. This step is SO important, so please don’t skip it.
In order to remove any debris that might be on the surface of the cup or oils from handling the cup, you need to rub the entire surface of the cup with alcohol and let it dry.
I always do this first, because it will dry as I’m cutting and weeding my design.
STEP 2: Upload the FREE Hosting And Wine-ing Thanksgiving SVG File to Design Space and size it according to the measurement you want your design to be.
Remember to make sure the little lock icon is closed when you go to size your design to make sure it doesn’t get distorted and retains the correct size proportions.
The size I used was 2.75 inches tall.
STEP 3: Cut, Weed & Apply Transfer Tape To Your Design.
Since you’re working with vinyl, you do not need to worry about mirroring your design. Just let it cut as is. Once you’ve cut the design, weed it.
This means that you will need to remove all of the excess vinyl from your vinyl sheet, leaving just the design itself on the paper.
Since you’ll be cutting this design in multiple colors, you’ll need to do this for each of the elements.
After you’ve weeded the design elements, cut a piece of transfer tape as big as your entire design and apply it to it, one element at a time.
I started with the orange layer first.
Take your time with this part, and keep the design in view to try to mimic the same alignment and placement for your own.
I suggest using a scraper tool to secure the vinyl to the transfer tape without leaving any air bubbles.
Weeding Tip: Go slow when weeding the letters. I find it best to have a pair of tweezers that can help me in case any of the letters pull up with the vinyl. The tweezers will help you press them down and on to the glass.
STEP 4: Align & Apply Design.
As you prepare yourself to apply this design, I would start with the tallest and most “back” layer first. In this case we’re talking about the orange “Hosting” word.
Once this piece is placed, I would then go for the turkey, the “And” word, and then the wine glass. Finally I would place the word “Wine-ing”.
I find it most helpful to have the design available to look at, so as to help me with placement; so I usually leave my Design Space open so I can see where everything goes.
And that’s it, you did it! You made it!
Tips For Applying Vinyl To Glass
1. Apply This Design By Individual Colors. – One of the things that really helped me with alignment and transferring this design onto my curved glasses was to do it one color or element at a time, instead of layering it all on transfer paper and then passing it over. Because the glasses are not evenly curved at the top and bottom this was the best way to maintain alignment for me.
2. Trim Slits Around The Transfer Tape To Make It More Flexible. – If you do decide to layer and transfer the entire design all at once onto your wine glass, my best tip for doing this is to cut slits all around the transfer tape, and also to trim the transfer tape as close as possible to the design itself.
3. Let Your Vinyl “Cure” For 24-48 Hours Before You Use or Wash It. – This is a really important step if you want your vinyl to stay on the glasses for a long time. Permanent Vinyl is really good and long lasting, but you need to let it cure, also known as just letting it sit without use, for at least 24 hours.
You can use this design for personal use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it to a print on demand (POD) website, or send it for mass production.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.
WANT MORE FREE THANKSGIVING SVG FILES?
You can find all of the FREE Thanksgiving SVG Files Here.
FREE THANKFUL AND BLESSED SVG
4 FREE THANKSGIVING SVG FILES
FREE THANKFUL, BLESSED, AND KIND OF A MESS SVG
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE HOSTING AND WINE-ING THANKSGIVING SVG CUT FILE HERE
Hosting And Wine-ing Thanksgiving Cut File – SVG, EPS, DXF, PNG files included.
Wednesday 23rd of November 2022
adorable! going to make several to bring to the hostess! thank you!
Wednesday 23rd of November 2022
Love this! Thanks so much for sharing it!