This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
Making yourself a Hocus Pocus mug for the fall season using this FREE Hocus Pocus I Need Coffee To Focus SVG File is SO easy. Let me show you!
This mug would be perfect to make for yourself or as a gift for someone who loves this classic Halloween movie.
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE HOCUS POCUS I NEED COFFEE TO FOCUS SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
Isn’t this saying so fun? I absolutely love it because it includes 2 of my favorites during the fall. A hot cup of coffee and all things Hocus Pocus.
If you’ve never made a mug before using your Cricut, I’m going to share with you exactly how I to make one just like this one.
I will even share some tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way about applying vinyl to mugs and how to make it last longer.
What Do I Need To Make This Hocus Pocus Mug?
Here are all the things I used to make this mug.
- Blank White Mug (I got mine on Amazon, but you can find blank white mugs at the Dollar Tree too.)
- Permanent Vinyl (In as many colors as you’d like to use.)
- Transfer Tape
- Rubbing Alcohol & Cotton Balls
- Your Cricut Cutting Machine With Design Space Readily Available
- This FREE Hocus Pocus I Need Coffee To Focus SVG File (Download at the bottom of this post.)
Before you begin cutting your design, you’ll want to measure how wide and tall your want your design to be on your mug.
I like to measure using a measuring tape, but if you want to just place your Cricut mat on the mug, you can get a good gauge as to how wide and tall the design should be as well.
Mugs do have a face, meaning a front and a back, so be sure to take that into account.
Let’s Make This Hocus Pocus I Need Coffee To Focus Mug!
STEP 1: Upload the FREE Hocus Pocus I Need Coffee To Focus SVG File to Design Space and size it according to the measurement you want your design to be.
Remember to make sure the little lock icon is closed when you go to size your design to make sure it doesn’t get distorted and retains the correct size proportions.
STEP 2: Cut, Weed & Apply Transfer Tape To Your Design.
Since you’re working with vinyl, you do not need to worry about mirroring your design. Just send it to cut as is.
You will however need to make sure you pick the correct material as some vinyl is thicker than others.
Once you’ve cut the design, weed it.
This means that you will need to remove all of the excess vinyl from your vinyl sheet, leaving just the design itself on the paper.
After you’ve weeded the design, cut a piece of transfer tape as big as your entire design and apply it to it one element at a time till you have the entire design all on one piece of transfer tape.
I suggest using a scraper tool to secure the vinyl to the transfer tape without leaving any air bubbles.
Lastly, if possible, trim a nice rectangle around your design to help you with aligning it straight on the mug when you go to apply it.
STEP 3: Clean The Mug Surface.
To clean the mug you will use some rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls. Just wipe down the surface where you plan to place your design. Doing this will help the vinyl really stick to your mug and this will in turn make it last a long time.
STEP 4: Align & Apply Design.
This is where you will want to take your time and go slow to make sure that your design goes on your mug smoothly.
I suggest that you first find the face where you want to apply the mug.
Once you know where it’s going, you’ll want to start applying the design by pressing it from the center and outward.
You can use a scraper tool to varnish the design onto the mug well before removing your transfer tape.
And that’s it, you did it.
You made a mug!
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE HOCUS POCUS MUG SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
More Tips & Tricks
1. Weld The Design Together If You Want To Just Use One Color Of Vinyl. – If you want to just use one color for the entire design, like in this photo above, then you’ll want to weld the design together before you send it to cut. This will make it super easy to cut, weed, and apply in no time. You won’t have to spend time worrying about layering the colors onto the transfer tape. I love doing this when I’m using colored mugs.
2. Let It Sit And Cure For 48-72 Hours Before Use. – One of the most important things to do when applying vinyl to cups, mugs, and other surfaces is to let it sit and cure once you’ve applied the vinyl. By letting it sit on the mug for a few days before using it, it will really adhere and be its most “permanent.” If you just start washing it right away after making it, you might run into problems with the vinyl lifting.
3. Seal It To Make It Dishwasher Safe. – So, there’s this new product by Mod Podge that allows you to make cups and mugs dishwasher safe, and it’s awesome! This is not a necessary step, but if you know that your mugs are going to end up in the dishwasher, then I would totally suggest applying this, as per the instructions. You can pick up a jar of it on Amazon.
If you do not want to seal your vinyl, it’s okay, you don’t have to. Permanent vinyl is permanent after all and it will last for a long time. Just make sure to always wash your mugs by hand, and not to use hot water.
You can use this design for personal use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it to a print on demand (POD) website, or send it for mass production.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.
WANT MORE FREE HALLOWEEN SVG FILES?
You can find all of the FREE Halloween SVG Files Here.