This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
Have you seen everyone put vinyl on hammers for Father’s Day lately? I know I have! I have seen some awesome quotes, and that’s why I decided to make a Free Father’s Day Hammer SVG file to share with you!
This Father’s Day Cricut craft is one that you can complete in under 20 minutes from start to finish, and it makes for a great gift for dad. I just love the quote “Fatherhood, You Nailed It!” for it too.
WANT TO SAVE THIS FREE FATHER’S DAY HAMMER SVG FILE FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
Applying vinyl to a hammer is very easy, and I think that when you’re done making this Father’s Day hammer gift, you’ll think up many different quotes to try out. I might even share some of my favorite quotes for hammers at the bottom of this post. So keep reading.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS FATHER’S DAY HAMMER
1. A Hammer. Since we’ll be putting vinyl on a hammer, the first thing you’ll need to do is make sure that you look for hammers that have a wooden handle with at least one blank side to put the vinyl on. You can usually find hammers like this at any hardware store for very cheap.
2. Black Permanent Vinyl. I like to use the Oracal 651 brand of vinyl, and you’ll really only need a very small amount, so if you have some in your scraps stash, feel free to use that. Otherwise I usually will pick up a sheet of vinyl at Michaels for very cheap.
3. Clear Transfer Tape. You’ll want to make sure that it’s not too sticky to ensure that it released the vinyl onto the hammer without much work on your end. I like to use leftover transfer tape from previous projects.
4. Rubbing Alcohol and a cotton ball. In order for permanent vinyl to really adhere itself to the hammer you’ll want to make sure to rub it with alcohol all over and allowing it to dry before you begin. This will remove any debris that might prevent the vinyl from sticking to it long term. Don’t skip this.
5. Your Cricut cutting machine with Design Space readily available.
6. This FREE Father’s Day Hammer Svg File which you can download at the bottom of this post.
LET’S MAKE A DIY FATHER’S DAY HAMMER WITH CRICUT
Before we begin cutting the vinyl quote, you’ll want to make sure to measure the length and width of the handle where you’ll be placing the design.
Doing this will allow you to not cut the design too big that it wraps around. Ideally you want it to be shown clearly on a single side.
To measure I like to use a measuring tape or even just hovering a Cricut mat over the hammer will work. Just count how many “squares” from your mat you’ll need to size your design for.
Let’s get started!
Go ahead and upload the FREE Father’s Day Hammer Svg File to Design Space.
Then you will resize it according to the measurements for your hammer handle. To do this just select the design and then enter the length and width you got when you measured your hammer handle.
Once you’ve got the design measured out correctly, you’ll want to make sure that it will fit on your Cricut mat. If it doesn’t, you can either resize the design or ungroup the elements so that they don’t all cut in one straight line.
Let’s cut it now.
Since you’re working with permanent vinyl you do not have to mirror your design when you send it to cut.
I usually like to use the premium vinyl material setting to get a good cut on my vinyl.
Once your machine has finished cutting the design, you will want to cut around the letters closely, and weed out the excess vinyl leaving just the letters to apply to your hammer.
And now we can apply transfer tape to our design and place it on the hammer handle.
At this point once you’ve placed your design down there isn’t anything else that you need to do except tie a pretty bow on it to finish it off.
And just like that you’ve completed this super easy Father’s Day Cricut craft.
It was so easy right?
Now I want to share with you more Father’s Day Hammer quotes and sayings that I’ve seen that you can easily type out in your favorite font and use the methods I’ve taught you to place it on other hammers.
Think about everyone who would like to receive one. Your dad, step dad, grandfather, brother, uncle, etc.
MORE FATHER’S DAY HAMMER QUOTES & SAYINGS
1. Dad, Thanks For Building Me Up.
2. Thanks For Building Memories With Me.
3. Dad, Thanks For Nailing Mom.
4. When It Comes To Being A Dad, You Nailed It!
5. Our Dad Can Fix Anything.
6. Dad, Thanks For Helping Me Build My Life.
7. If Dad Can’t Fix It We’re All Screwed!
8. I Love Building Memories With You.
9. Dad, Thanks For Being Our Mr. Fix It.
10. You Nailed It! #1 Dad.
I HAVE MORE FATHER’S DAY FREEBIES FOR YOU!
Download even more FREE Father’s Day SVG Files Here.
You can use this design for personal and commercial use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it to a print on demand (POD) website, or send it for mass production.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE FATHER’S DAY HAMMER SVG CUT FILE HERE
Father’s Day Hammer Cut File – SVG, EPS, DXF, PNG files included.