This post contains affiliate links. Please know I only share products I USE and LOVE myself. Thank you for your support.
If your family has an elf that shows up on December 1st, then you totally need these 30 FREE Elf On The Shelf Notes Printables to help you create a fun experience with your elf this Christmas season!
Just Download, Print, and let the kids enjoy finding a new note from their elf every morning.
WANT TO SAVE THESE 30 FREE ELF ON THE SHELF PRINTABLE NOTES FOR LATER? SAVE THEM TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST.
The best thing about these notes is how easy they make it on you, the parent, to create a super memorable experience.
You can print the Elf On The Shelf Notes all out at once and then pick the days when you want to use them.
There are 30 of them, and only 25 days till Christmas, so you have plenty of notes to use for every day.
There are also some Blank Elf On The Shelf Notes in case you want to create some fun notes or challenges of your own!
How Do I Use These FREE Elf On The Shelf Notes Printables?
The Elf On The Shelf Notes are super easy to download, print, and enjoy, but here are some things I used when creating these notes for my kids.
- A Color Printer
- 6 Sheets of Cardstock Paper (You can also use just regular copy paper if you don’t have any cardstock available.)
- The FREE 30 Elf On The Shelf Notes Printable PDF File (Download at the bottom of this post.)
Once you’ve downloaded and printed your cards you can use your scissors or a paper trimmer to help you cut the notes along the outlines.
The Elf On The Shelf Notes should be placed with your elf at night and be ready for the kids to find in the morning.
I usually place the first one on December 1st when the elf arrives, and will place the last one on December 24th when the elf goes back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
What Do I Need To Put With The Notes?
Most of the Elf On The Shelf Notes can simply be placed next to your elf, but some might require that you add a little something with them.
For example, some notes say that some ornaments are hidden around the room, and so you’ll need to take a few ornaments off your tree to hide.
Others require that you have some Candy Canes to hide, Chocolate Kisses to include with the elf, and a Gingerbread House to build.
And of course you will need your Elf On The Shelf toy doll.
I bought ours on Amazon, and it came with the introduction book, as well as a case to store in. I am loving how there are several different elves to pick from now.
My favorite part of the Free Elf On The Shelf Notes is that they remind and encourage the kids to complete some really fun holiday challenges on a daily basis!
Here Are All The FREE Elf On The Shelf Note Ideas Included
Although I’ve numbered all 30 of the ideas below, please know that there is no said order in which to use these notes.
You can schedule them and use them on whichever days you’d like.
1. I’m Back! I missed you SO much. We have 24 days of fun ahead!
2. Current Status: You are on Santa’s Nice List. Keep it up!
3. Uh Oh! You are back on the NAUGHTY LIST! Please do better.
4. Someone touched me yesterday & I didn’t have enough magic to go home to the North Pole. No Touching Please!
5. Snow Days are the BEST Days!!! Do something fun outside today.
6. Elves Love To Play Games! Pick a fun board game for family game night.
7. Let’s get crafty! Who wants to make a Christmas craft?
8. It’s Polar Express Day! Let’s have some hot chocolate & don’t forget the tiny marshmallows.
9. Do you want to build a snowman? Make a snowman using anything you have on hand.
10. I love a good story! Will you please read me a good book?
11. Let’s watch your favorite Christmas movie together!
12. Santa wants to know what you want for Christmas. Write him a letter and I will deliver it to him!
13. Let’s take a Christmas S-Elf-ie together!
14. You were really good yesterday. I told Santa!
15. Try a Christmas Lego challenge! Make a: Christmas Tree, Present, Candy Cane.
16. Let’s do some Christmas baking today!
17. Mrs. Claus sent you a treat from the North Pole. Enjoy!
18. The best way to spread holiday cheer is signing loud for all to hear! Sing your favorite Christmas song out loud.
19. I hid 5 Candy Canes around the room. Can you find them all?
20. Santa absolutely loves good deeds! Can you do 4 nice things today?
21. Oops! I got my tinsel in a tangle. Your tree is so fun!
22. Elf Kisses! (Always Free)
23. So many exciting things to do! Let’s make cards for family & friends too!
24. Draw a Christmas picture & hang it up for everyone to see!
25. Do you want to decorate a gingerbread house today?
26. I love a festive Christmas tree. Will you decorate yours for me?
27. I have a joke for you! What do you call a naughty reindeer? [A Rude-Olph!]
28. Your behavior has been Elf-tacular! Santa says to keep it up.
29. I’ve hidden 7 ornaments around the room. Can you find them all?
30. Let’s go for a walk or drive to see all the pretty Christmas lights!
How Do I Make My Own Elf On The Shelf Notes?
To create your own Notes From The Elf On The Shelf you’ll need to print out the page that includes the blank notes and write in your own.
To make it look similar to the other notes I would recommend that you use a black Sharpie pen, and try to mimic the handwriting used.
My favorite way to use the blank Elf On the Shelf notes is to write custom messages that include my kids’ names.
This makes the notes much more personal!
You can use this printable file for personal use. If you’d like to share it with your friends (I’d LOVE THIS!), I do ask that you just link them to this post and help support my website. Also, please don’t upload it anywhere or sell it as your own.
I have a quick favor to ask. Before you download this freebie, please JOIN the Facebook Group (CLICK HERE), and if you can, please PIN one of the images above.
Thank you so much for your support, and if you make anything with this design, tag me @PerfectStylishCuts, I love seeing your makes.